Legal & Compliance
Sustainability and social responsibility are essential values if a company that wants to remain competitive on its reference market. A shift towards sustainability implies that a company combines the pursuit of profits and compliance with an ethically responsible modus operandi, respectful of the legal obligations. The company should foster social sensitivity towards issues of collective interest, integrating social issues in a conscious and coherent way whilst integrating environmental and ethical values within its Strategic Plan and in its Business Strategies.
Precise policies and rules on sustainability are fundamental within a company for the development of a program that aims to create an integrated business ecosystem in which Corporate Governance, organizational and business model are oriented towards the pursuit of concrete and measurable sustainable development objectives.
To this end, we take care of:
- assisting the clients in defining sustainable Corporate Governance, offering advice on all related legal, corporate and regulatory profiles, also in light of the most recent Italian and European laws applicable to corporate governance, disclosure transparency and green taxonomy;
- develop Ethical Codes, policies, procedures, rules and protocols of conduct in relation to sustainability together with customers;
- integrate ESG principles into company procedures on employment, human rights, environment, disclosure of information, consumer protection, corporate governance, fight against corruption, and implementing specific measures for the adequate mitigation and control of the risks highlighted in the course of analysis;
- harmonize and integrate corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies with the 231 Organizational Models and other risk management systems already adopted.
More and more frequently, soft law instruments and international legislative developments require, for the purpose of a concrete integration of sustainability into the corporate strategy, to preside over and monitor the supply chain of the company, aligning its contractual relationships with the corporate purpose, the sustainable sourcing, with the aim of mitigating any risks associated with ESG issues.
Our team offers:
- support in the formalization and implementation of ESG principles within commercial relations and in relations with suppliers;
- assistance in drafting contractual texts aimed at overseeing, promoting and enforcing compliance with ESG issues on counterparties;
- audit on suppliers and on the Supply Chain.
Entrepreneurial activity exposes companies to a series of risks of a different nature, that is, to future and uncertain events that can positively or negatively affect business objectives.
In the context of business risk analysis, it is also necessary to identify criminal risks and establish or update management and prevention models of the same in order to ensure the correct and legally compliant performance of all business activities.
The team accompanies companies in all activities relating to the implementation, dissemination and application of Organization, Management and Control Models pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/2001: from risk assessment and gap analysis to the drafting of conduct procedures and codes of ethics to continue with awareness-raising and training activities for company personnel. Some of the team’s professionals are members of Supervisory Bodies and managers of international projects in the field of crime prevention and whistleblowing.
The implementation of recognized international standards is a requirement that companies must be able to meet in order to certify their work in terms of ESG solutions. Corporate compliance is achieved by identifying and monitoring solutions that ensure compliance with defined and mandatory requirements within the company.
Our team assists companies in the implementation of integrated management systems according to international standards (such as ISO), verifiable and certifiable by a third party.
Due to the multiplication of tax regulations and the complex issues deriving from them, it is essential for companies to proceed with the implementation of tax compliance and Tax Governance programs that allow, on the one hand, to minimize the risk of adjustments and sanctions and on the other, to improve the management of corporate taxation. It therefore becomes increasingly necessary to invest in documenting the existence of rules and procedures for the management of tax returns and payments, establishing a real control unit suitable for guaranteeing the mitigation of the risk of tax non-compliance, in addition to a specific control of symptomatic indicators of fiscal irregularity. Our team supports companies in the development and monitoring of tax compliance systems, through the implementation of internal control models, the drafting of dedicated policies and procedures, risk assessment in terms of tax audits, training programs tax and assistance in case of tax control.